This article will show you two ways to delete Snapchat account. Why I ended up writing an article like this? This app is being globally used and almost everyone knows about it. Snapchat is all about taking pictures, videos and sharing with friends. Create a story and let your friends know what you have been up to. There is no doubt that this app is extremely addicting and it offers countless new things that we could ever wish for. We can use some cool filters, geo tags, text friends, follow our favorite channels as well.
But extremely good features and good UI are two negative points for me. It is so addicting that I almost forgot there is a life around me without snapping too much. I invested lot of time in it and ended up in a mess for my other life. So, I decided to delete my account. If you for any reason want to delete Snapchat account, then you are in right place. This app is so addicting and there’s nothing to hate about it. I don’t hate it but I want to spend less time on my Smartphone so here I go deleting one of my favorite app.
To delete Snapchat account, follow the instructions given below.
Delete Snapchat Account – Easy Way
If you really want to delete Snapchat Account for some reason, then follow the steps given above. This is the easiest method as I will provide the direct link that will allow you to delete your account.
- Open this https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account from any browser. (Open it on PC, Mac, or even on your Smartphone’s browser)
- Enter your username and password to open Snapchat account in it.
- Check the box to confirm you are not a robot. I know you are not a robot but let’s confirm it.
- Now it will ask you to write username and password again to confirm if you really want to delete Snapchat account. Write it and click continue.
- Now you have successfully deactivated your account. Your account won’t get instantly deleted. Snapchat will currently deactivate your account but after a month it will completely delete your account.
Delete Snapchat Account – Hard Way
If the link doesn’t open for you from above, then you can manually reach the deletion page by following this guide ahead.
- Go to Snapchat.com from any browser.
- Scroll down and click “Support”, under the “Company” section.
- Now click “My account & settings”. It will load more options.
- Click “Account information”. It will load further options.
- From here click “Delete my account”.
- It will load a page with the link in it. Open it and it will take you to the deletion page.
- Now follow the previous guide from step two.
- This is all you need to know to delete Snapchat account.
Bonus: How to re-activate Snapchat account
If you follow the above procedure then you should know that it will take 30 days to delete your account completely. Meanwhile they deactivated your account. if you change your mind and want to re-activate your account, then just download this app on your Smartphones and log in. This is all you need to do.