Instagram is one of the most famous social network of current era. From kids to adults, student to teachers, commoners to celebrities, everyone use this application in the daily life. It’s a network like Facebook but with less features and almost every single person is using this app right now. They recently introduced a new feature called “Last Active”. It shows your last seen to everyone. I don’t know why an app like Instagram need this type of privacy breaker feature. So, if you are annoyed by this feature, don’t worry because we got you covered. Read the above guide to learn: How to disable last active on Instagram.
Before going ahead, I want to tell you more about Instagram. For those who don’t know it. This is a social network that allows you to follow people, celebrities, brands, shops and much more. You can chat with anyone, upload photos and videos. After a while they added more features that resembles Snapchat a lot. You can now add stories and go live with your followers and much more. This network is good for both private and business life.
Now they have released another feature and It let you see the last seen of your friends and followers and they can see yours as well. If you try to send image message to anyone, you will be able to see the last active/last seen of your friend. Other than that, if you open direct message, it will show you last active/last seen of your friends as well. If you are privacy conscious and want to disable it then luckily there is way.
Just follow the instructions ahead in order to disable last active on Instagram
How to disable Last Active on Instagram (Last Seen Feature)
- In order to disable Last Active feature of Instagram, Login to your account.
- Once done, Go to Settings by clicking the 3 dots icon on the top right corner from profile menu.
- Now navigate all the way down to the settings portion.
- From there you will see a new setting that says “Show Activity Status”.
- Now just turn it off. You just disabled your Last active on Instagram.
You should also know this that after turning off the feature, you won’t be able to see other people last seen either. But who cares right? You can enable and disable this feature anytime. This is all you need to know about this guide. If you have anything to add, feel free to comment below.
More Instagram related guides:
- Easiest method to make perfect Instagram photo split grid
- How to remove Instagram account from all devices at once