WhatsApp has officially launched a public beta version for iOS, allowing iPhone users to test the latest features of the app.
A public beta version for other platforms like Android and Windows Phone has been available for some time now and has a thriving beta community. Now it is finally available on iOS as well.
You should know that the WhatsApp beta for iOS is meant to test upcoming features, with users offering feedback and reporting bugs on the beta build. They will be able to test these features beforehand and be able to give their reviews on them before they are officially launched for everyone else.
Slots for the WhatsApp beta for iOS are limited, and interested users should sign up as soon as possible.
Here’s how you can download WhatsApp Beta for iOS:
- Before you start on the steps, you need to download TestFlight from the Appstore.
- Once you’re done installing TestFlight, click on this link to sign up to become a beta tester.
- You will then need to accept the terms and conditions and install the beta app on your phone.
- Once you click install, you will see a dialog box. It will ask you if you want to replace the current WhatsApp app with the beta version.
- Click on Install and the process will begin.
Once the installation is complete, click on Open. It will redirect to WhatsApp, with the new beta app installed successfully.
- It is recommended to back up your chat history and other app data. Although it is unlikely that you will lose anything. But just to be safe you should do a backup.
WhatsApp beta for iOS gets updates every two days. It allows users to access upcoming features that might not even roll out for the public. It includes features that WhatsApp is testing and users can report for any bug and issues in the beta build along with a description and screenshot through the ‘’Contact Us’’ option in the Settings menu.
Lastly, slots for WhatsApp beta for iOS are very limited, so you might want to sign up now! If you want to add something, feel free to comment below.